Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just over 1 Week to go

Getting closer to the time, and realizing how much preparation still needs to be done. I haven’t heard word otherwise, that we won’t get a room in the RM house, but I had not thought about the back-up plan that was advised. I checked places today, and one of the places is very close (walking distance) to the hospital, so that would be great, even more convenient than the RM house, but more costly of course. Still, the Carl Hotel offers “hospital” rates, so it would be reasonable. The only problem is, they only had the top room available, some 25 odd steps, no elevator. As long as Dad/Grandpa has no problem with the stairs we should be fine. They offered to get us into a ground floor room when it is available on July 1st, or will call if one becomes available.

Gillian’s First Aid/CPR class had a no-show instructor on Monday, but she went last night and is now CPR-certified! She was pretty excited about what she learned, and I’m glad she enjoyed it and learned a lot. The first aid portion was rescheduled for next week. Saturday, she will be taking her certified babysitter class. So our busy schedule is seemingly keeping her occupied. She hasn’t asked much, still more concerned about what she might be “missing” as far as activities more so than anything directly concerning the surgery.

I tested posting to this blog by email/Blackberry. Since I don’t have a laptop, I figure the only way I’ll be able to post updates is via Blackberry. So I’m guessing, updates may be often, but brief… kinda hard to compose long text messages on a Blackberry.

No comments: