Saturday, June 28, 2008

Latest Questions

Latest Questions and Answers, not from Gillian, but from friends:

When are you leaving for SF?
We are leaving between 6:30am-7:00am tomorrow(Sunday) morning, we need to Check into UCSF at 9am.

What time is Gillian's Surgery?
I don't know yet. Most likely, it will be sometime early morning, since the procedure will likely take several hours.

When can I visit?
The day of surgery is probably not a good day. She will be IN surgery, and when she comes out, she will likely be in intensive care and visitation restricted. Tuesday is PROBABLY ok.. but waiting until at least Wed might be the best idea.

How long will you be at the hospital?
The best guess I have right now is 1 week. I expect/HOPE that we will leave the hospital either Saturday or Sunday, but I just don't know at this point.

What room will you be in?
I don't know until we get there.... Sorry. Even if I post the room we are in, that may NOT be the same room we end up in later. If I recall 12 years ago, we were in one room for prep, then intensive care for a day, then moved to another room later.

Will you have a laptop?
No... :-(. I don't have a laptop. But, talking with UCSF social services, there are computers that I will be able to use. If it is not convenient, and/or I want to get some quick/brief info posted on this blog, then I will use my blackberry to post. Keep monitoring this blog for info/updates. I promise I'll do my best.

Will Annika be with you?
Annika will be staying the week with a good friend and co-worker of mine. Thank you Jay.

Do you have a place to stay?
I just got confirmation today from the UCSF Social svcs. We have a room at the Ronald McDonald House (RMH) for the week. I cancelled my back up room at The Carl Hotel. The RMH apparently has a shuttle every 15 minutes running between hospitals and the RMH, so it should be pretty convenient. UCSF SS says that I (one parent) can stay at the hospital during this time, so my dad will stay at the RMH.


Is Gillian nervous?
I think she has been sufficiently preoccupied and busy, although questions increased the closer we get. I appreciate how everyone has been cautious about discussing details with her or in her earshot such that she would not think too much nor get too many impressions/concerns from people. I would like to thank the Jones family for allowing Gillian's friend Hannah to spend so much time together these past couple of weeks, and especially these last two days. She got to go swimming Friday, and I think just spending this time with Hannah has really kept her mind on just being with her friend.

Once again, thank you all for your support and posted comments.

No comments: