Monday, September 1, 2008

Good to be HOME!

Well we made it home... and I am literally floored by how well Gillian is doing! Thank you Hannah for decorating the house, putting a "Welcome Home Gillian" sign on the garage and on the ceiling of her room! Thank you too, for being a good friend to her, as I know it always lifted her spirits to talk to you on the phone.

I thought Gillian would be awfully tired and sleep all the way home, but I think the excitement was overwhelming. She was really excited and stayed awake almost the whole way. She fell asleep just as we were going through Davis. I had to stop at Kaiser to pick up her prescriptions, and considered taking her home first, but thought I should try to get them while I was out, since it was a holiday and all that. I figured I could get in and out fairly quickly, but Gillian said she wanted to walk with me. Then I figured it would be a slow walk.. but no.. she was walking just fine! I had to keep asking are you ok? She just acted like it was no big deal.. She definitely said she wanted to go to Tops Yogurt before we went home. So we made a quick stop.

When we got home, Hannah came over and again, it was great that they could spend time together, catch up, talk and stuff. I figured Gillian would come home, I'd have to get her set up in bed and such. NO... She gets up and down the stairs fine. Gillian and Hannah spend some time catching up in her room upstairs, they come downstairs later and watch some TV and have popcorn together. It just is hard to believe that she had surgery only 4 days ago!

Tomorrow will be very busy for me. I need to track down some medication that Kaiser was out of stock on, that Gillian really needs. I need to make her follow-up appointments with our cardiologist as well as her normal pediatrician. I also need to get in touch with her school/teachers and figure out how to get some independent study/tutor for her, as the doctors tell me that she will need to be out of school for 4-6 weeks, and they said to get independent study set up so she won't fall behind.

It will be a busy day.

On another note. FRIENDS... I would like to have an "Welcome Home Gillian" Reception this Saturday. It seems to me that Gillian will be well up to it. I'd like to have it from around 4pm until roughly 7pm... Just come on by sometime within that time frame to visit with Gillian, have something to eat. I hope to coordinate details soon at my end. Please let me know if you can stop by so I know about how many to expect. Send me an email to let me know at Ron.Ohta(at)gmail.com

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back Home! Glad to hear that you are moving around, Gillian. Still, try and take it easy... this is the time to really "milk it" from your Dad. LOL. I'm kidding... or am I?

Slam

Ohtar2000 said...

Oh gee... thanks Slam! Now she's just kicking back saying "Can you get me this.. can you get me that?"
Thanks a LOT Slam! j/k :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

We are so glad to hear that Gillian is doing well! God is amazing and we will continue praying for the blessings we know HE has reserved for you all.

Love,

The Moriartys

PS: Yes Gillian, this is your time to put Dad to work. Don't be easy on him...