Gillian is scheduled for an echo bubble study on July 31. This will give our cardiologist a good picture of how well the ASD repair has healed and determine whether Gillian is ready for her conduit replacement surgery. Since UCSF was over one month out on surgery schedules, I asked if we could lock in a tentative date for the surgery, assuming that the test showed she was ready. I figured if we learned on the 31st that she was ready, and tried to schedule, it would put us at the end or mid-September if we waited for test results to schedule. Well, despite advanced planning, the best lock-in date is August 28. School starts (for Gillian) on August 25. So, obviously, Gillian was a little upset to learn that she would only have 3 days of school before missing a couple weeks because of surgery.
Well.. things are still tentative for now.
On off-topic news... We went to see the Sacramento Capitols Tues (7/22) evening. The Caps rolled easily over the Boston Lobsters. Gillian was a big fan of Michelle Larcher de Brito last year, at 14 y.o, the youngest player drafted into World Team Tennis. This year, the Caps still have the youngest player, Tammy Hendler, at 15 y.o.
Girls had a great time, getting their freebies, including another tennis racquet!
Thanks for continuing to read this blog and your continued support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Ron, Annika & Gillian: Thanks for leaving the notes for me at my desk! I was so bummed that I missed your visit! I hope that you guys are having fun this summer! I can't wait for A track to come back to Champions! I miss you guys! Gill-I hope everything turns out the way you want it to! Take care, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Linda
Post a Comment