Gill is doing great this morning. I guess she had one last vomiting episode last night after I left. I went in at 6:30am this morning, and she was awake and doing great. She had apple juice sometime in the middle of the night, and was telling me she was hungry. They are going to get her something this morning, so I thought I would have breakfast and try to go back before her stuff comes to see how she does. The docs were doing their rounds, so I stuck around a little longer to hear what they had to say... but they pretty much are happy with her progress, want her to go ahead and start eating, and try to get up/out of bed. She has the air mask, not completely on, but she keeps it close to her face as her blood oxygen seems to dip low when its not. But they want her to work on some deep breathing exercises too.
As I was walking by the nurses station, I noticed Gill's name on the board for her bed spot in the non-ICU wing, so I guess they are either holding it, or perhaps it means they anticipate moving her out of ICU today. The other wing only has one room that is private, and its usually for the older patients so they don't have to hear the babies crying all the time.
Ok.. heading back to see if what she gets to eat! :-)
Thanks for continuing to post notes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad to hear that Gill is doing so well! I hope that she is out of ICU soon, so that you can stay with her! Let me know if we can be of any help! Thanks for the updates! I may be in the area tomorrow(my brother is moving...again, but I will email you if I am, so I can pop in and say hi!) Take care! Linda ...PS: Gill, Rylan says hi and he misses you!
Hi Linda!
Thanks for the note!
Hope you can make it by. Gillian would love to see you!
Post a Comment