Friday, August 29, 2008

OUT of ICU!!

Gillian was just moved from ICU to transitional care. Not the same room as before, but on the eastern side, so maybe it won't get so hot in the evenings. It's a two bed room, but for now, there is no one in the other bed. When I got back to the room after lunch, Gill was sitting up, just easing with some saltines to start, just to see how her stomach would feel. She did fine, so later she had a turkey sandwich. She ate some of that pretty quickly, then slowed down.

THANK YOU to Gill's Cadette Troop 569 for the wonderful balloon bouquet! They arrived just as we were moving from ICU. Gillian says "THANK YOU!" The move was kind of rough, even though they rolled her in the same bed. For some reason, she was really uncomfortable with the blankets/sheets under her bottom. And she had slid down a bit from the raised head area, and wanted to slide up. I did what I could to try to help her, but she was really frustrated and uncomfortable. It was frustrating for me to, as she was only crying and moaning and not saying what was bothering her. I think I got the sheets smoothed under her, and the rest of her in the position she wants. She is just sleeping now. She hates the oxygen mask, and won't go for the type with the little nostril vents. Later today, like around 5pm, the nurse really wants her to get out of the bed.

THANK YOU MRS. AKIYAMA for the email/note delivered by UCSF! We received that note earlier today too! That lifted Gillian's spirits! Was that sent through the UCSF website? Well, I guess that works! Thank you so much!

At least in this room, I am "plugged in"... :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

gill i miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much call me asap (as soon as possible) lol -hannah(elizabeth)jones

Ohtar2000 said...

Hi Hannah-
Gillian was happy to get your note She's really tired/exhausted. She says "tell her i'll talk to her later."
Hope school is going well!?

Dani said...

Hey Gill!!

It's Dani! I've been reading the blogs your Dad/You ;] have been writing. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well!! You're such a strong young lady! I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to go through that!! I'd probably plot some way to escape ;] It sounds like you handled it quite well though! Well stick in there, the hard parts over! I can't wait to hear from you and better yet see you! Hopefully your Dad will let me steal you one day and we can go get lunch or ice cream, or both, or whatever you like! before I leave for college, September 19th :[


Hey Ron!

Let me know if I can do anything, you know I'd be more than happy to help in anyway!! I haven't done laundry or picked out their outfits in a while ;]



<3 alwayssss!
Daniella

Ohtar2000 said...

Hi Dani-
Gillian says hi and really hopes to see you before you leave.
Thanks for the note.
We'll see you when we get home. Keep watching this blog!