Gill was really under for a few hours, and when she got up, she was asking about whether they were going to take the tubes out? When I told her they already took the tubes out.. she looked under her gown and said.. they did what? they took the tubes out? She asked if they did it while she was sleeping.. I told her that she was awake, but she does not remember... So that makes me feel pretty good that she does not remember how painful it may have been.
She had been sleeping for quite sometime, as the meds were probably pretty strong to help her through the tube removal. Now the next goals will be to make sure she eats, drinks, and walks. She ate a little when she was feeling better, we walked to the window down the hall and she got nauseated and lost all that she ate/drank earlier. They fixed her bed, then we walked all the way down the hall and back, and she is just absolutely exhausted. I told her that I really wanted her to get some progress during the day so that the night shift nurses don't keep pushing her at night when its dark and just not as convenient times to be forced to do things.
Still don't know about when we might get released. Tuesday would likely be the latest, and tomorrow is still not out of the question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Gillian,
I am so glad that you made out of surgery. I can't wait to see you at school. Hope you recover real soon.
Your friend,
Brian Ligh
Hey Ron,
We are all so glad that Gillian's surgury was a success. Please let her know that we are all thinking of her and hoping for a speedy recovery! Looking forward to seeing her in school and on the tennis courts!
The Ligh Family
Hi Gilly,
Good job!!!! You made it. Get well soon. I almost cried the day of the surgery. See you soon at church/girl scouts.
Ogenki de ne (take care),
Emily
I am glad to hear that Gillian is making good progress, and that you all will be home soon.
Renee R. (from work)
Post a Comment