Good Saturday Morning! Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend!
This morning has been a bit slow for Gillian. I suspect its because she is so tired? She seems very uncomfortable and restless. She didn't eat much, in fact, none of her breakfast. I brought back a carrot cake from the cafeteria, and she felt good enough to have about half of that.
She had to have a blood draw, which they had to stick a needle in because has all but one of her IV lines out. I think the fact that she has to lie still with all the tubes and such attached is really frustrating her.
We had a visit from the nurse just a bit ago, and it sounds like the tubes will come off tomorrow, and there's a good chance that we can go home on Monday. We'll see. Gillian needs to take her med to "push" the fluids from her drain tube, and she really dislikes it, so its been a challenge all morning. She's really uncomfortable. She just got a call from.. and is on the phone with her friend Hannah (Hi Hannah!), and it seems to be lifting her spirits! Thank you Hannah! I tried to get her to call someone, anyone, earlier, figuring she just needed someone else besides me to talk to.
Last night, we got our 6mo old roommate. It's a baby boy who I had met the grandparents, and father in the waiting room the day of her surgery. They are from Stockton.
Jill, from the All Star room came to check on Gill, and we gave her the story to date that Gillian had written. She typed it up and returned it, and hopefully Gill can add a bit more, at least the concepts that she has so that it can be added to the production.
Later today, I think they are going to want Gillian to walk around a bit more. She has been doing great, getting up most times by herself (sitting up in bed). She hasn't had a bowel movement yet, but then again, she really hasn't eaten THAT much. It might be why she said her stomach feels a bit uncomfortable.
Thank you Hannah... as she's talking to you... I can see her really perking up and getting in a better mood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment